How Long Should A Blog Post Be For SEO In 2023?
“How long should a blog post be?” I’ve been asked this question many times. Here Best SEO Company in Ahmedabad suggest that there are two main reasons why people care about the length of their content: SEO and readability. In this article, we’ll look at how to write posts with the ideal length for both of these factors.
How long should a blog post be
Longer posts are more engaging and help you rank higher in Google. There’s a reason why the average blog post length has grown over the last few years. The longer your content is, the more likely it will be shared on social media, which will then help with your SEO efforts. Longer articles also mean that there’s less chance for readers to get bored quickly; they are more likely to read through an entire article rather than just skim over half-baked copy that’s been crammed into a short paragraph or two (or worse yet – just one).
How to find the ideal blog post length for SEO
To find the ideal post length for SEO, Best SEO Company in Ahmedabad suggest that you can use Google’s keyword planner tool. When you type in your target keyword, it will give you a list of all the top ranking pages for that term and their average word count. This will help you find out how long most posts are in your niche and give you a good idea of what kind of content people are looking for.
Analyze the blog length of the top-ranking pages.
If you want to get a better idea of what type of content is working in your niche, look at the top search results for your target keyword. Which posts are getting the most traffic, shares and links? What’s their average post length? How long do people stay on that page before leaving?
Do they scroll all the way down or just skim over half-baked copy that’s been crammed into a short paragraph or two (or worse yet – just one)?
Look for patterns in the post lengths of the top-ranking pages and ensure your article fits within these parameters. If you find that most posts are short and sweet, keep it short and sweet; if they’re long-winded with lots of fluff, keep yours relatively brief.
You can also check on out article about SEO tricks to drive benefits from blog post writing. Once you’ve got a knack for writing content that people want to read, it’s time to put it in front of your audience.
Determine the number of words by on-page element
You can also find the right number of words by looking at your on-page elements:
- The first sentence of a paragraph is one word. This is true for all paragraphs, whether they are long-form or short. Use this to determine the total number of words in each paragraph.
- Headings have different lengths depending on what they’re called and how they’re formatted. For instance, an H1 heading is always large and bolded while an H2 heading is smaller and italicized (or both). That said, most blogs use only two types of headlines: short headings (H2s) and longer ones (H3s). The former usually take up about 50-75 characters while the latter range from 100-125 characters per section (like this!).
- As such, you should assume that your longest headline will be around 125 characters long—since most people don’t read beyond 2 lines during skimming mode anyway.
Improve readability of your content
To make your content more readable, you should:
- Use subheadings and bullet points to break up paragraphs of text.
- Write short sentences with active voice (as opposed to passive voice).
- Use simple words that a first-grader would understand, not jargon or industry terms if they don’t add value.
- Write in a conversational tone instead of sounding like an academic or textbook writer. That makes it easier for people to read and understand what you’re saying without getting bogged down by complex sentence structure and vocabulary choices.
You can also help readers navigate through your content by adding lists of links throughout the copy, which helps people find what they’re looking for quickly—especially when there’s lots going on within your content!
Add more images, video and infographics to your content.
In addition to the content, you can also add some images, video and infographics. These help people engage with your posts more as well. For example, a lot of people will watch a video but not read an article if they get bored after reading a few lines.
This is why Best SEO Company in Ahmedabad suggest that adding images and videos to your blog posts can be beneficial for SEO in 2023 because it gives readers something else that they can look at while reading what you have written.
Also, refer to out articles about choosing blogging on shopify platfrom and how to choose the right theme for your blog.
Also, if you use video then make sure that the quality is good so that viewers are more likely to watch it all the way through instead of stopping halfway through because there was something wrong with the video quality!
It seems that the answer to this question is not as clear cut as it used to be. With all the changes going on in SEO, we are left wondering what might work best for each content type. In conclusion, it’s best to keep things simple and focus on producing quality content with good SEO practices built into every post.